- Moving from a brand with significant brand awareness to a brand with no awareness, in addition to being a brand name that means something else. Before the rebranding the SERP results for “Planful” were definitions, including high domain authority websites such as the Webster dictionary or Lexico. Now 7 out of the top 10 results for “Planful” are about the company.
- In addition, over 100 blog posts were unpublished, because they didn’t reflect the new Planful strategy
- This caused a significant loss in organic traffic in the first few months post-migration
- Making sure we created several pieces of content to announce the rebranding
- Crawling the website to remove all mentions of Host Analytics (except rebranding announcements) and updating all internal links
- Monitoring how many Host Analytics results were still indexed and the impressions/clicks on Host Analytics and Planful branded keywords
- Refreshing the target keywords to find new keywords that reflect Planful’s new direction
How We Did It
- We created a page mapping document with old URLs and their new Planful equivalent
- Planful created a “Host Analytics is now Planful” blog post that was featured on the homepage
- We did some A/B testing to try different language on CTAs (Get Demo vs Live Demo, Contact Us vs Speak to an Expert)
- We monitored search interest, clicks and impressions for both brand names every month
- We’re in the process of creating another “What is the meaning behind Planful” page
- We created several new pieces of content (use cases and blog posts) to speak to Planful’s new capabilities
- We refreshed the keyword research and are optimizing the website accordingly
5 months post migration, the search interest in the new brand name, Planful, surpassed the search interest in the old brand name, Host Analytics
The number of technical errors decreased from 980 to 42 YoY
Keyword ranking increase: from 18 keyword ranking in February to 41 in June
Page one ranking: from 15 in February 2020 to 23 in June 2020
Organic traffic: after a serious MoM drop in the first 60 days post-migration we have seen an increase in traffic every month
Planful is the FP&A platform for Continuous Planning. We provide an end-to-end cloud FP&A platform with everything you need — financial planning, consolidation, and reporting & analytics — in one place and accessible to everyone from anywhere. We help you automate and accelerate these everyday processes to increase the frequency of decisions, accelerate insights, and shorten the time it takes to turn those insights into action. The result is an organization that is agile and has an elevated financial IQ. Visit their site.
We have one purpose: help B2B companies generate demand and increase revenue through online marketing. Located in Portland, Oregon and founded in early 2011, we’re a fast-growing agency with a global client base ranging from early stage start-ups to multinational enterprises. Our focus is on B2B companies and we’re proud that our growth has been due primarily to client referrals.